[box_info]Aarisha Pitthaa – The authentic Odia Food – Odia pitha by Adyasha Padhi [/box_info]
- PURE DESI GHEE /REFINE OIL- 500 ML
- SUGAR/JAGGERY – 250 GRM
- WHITE RICE (ARUA CHAULLA)- 500 GRM
Procedure:Hoe to prepar arisha pitha in Odia Style
- 1)Wash thoroughly & Soak the rice in water for about 4-5 hours
- 2)Drain the water & spread the rice on a cloth evenly.
- 3)Keep the rice to under fan to dry for about 20-30 minutes.
- 4)Grind it in a mixer (preferabely dhinchik[hemadasta])to make a semi-rough powder.
- 5)Heat ½ cup of water and add 1 cup sugar/jaggery.Go on stirring on medium flame, till the jaggerry/sugar melts & form syrup.The syrup should be a bit consistent.
- 6)Slowly add rice powder to the syrup and stir continuously to form a batter.
- 7)Take down from flame n let it cool naturally.
- 8)Take the batter in small portions and make small balls and then flatten it with your palms in the shape of round biscuits.
- 9)Heat the whole oil/ghee in a pan.Fry these in oil till they become golden brown.Take them out and serve.
Using of jaggery makes the pittha best in taste.
If u are using sugar then make pittha balls from hot batter.Cooling will make batter stiff.