Spread the love
Dali Bada(ବୁଟ ଡାଲି ବଡା) – Odia Breakfast item !!
- 200gram Split Bengal Gram, soaked in water for about 3 to 4 hours(ବୁଟ ଡାଲି)
- 1 finely chopped onion (ପିଆଜ)
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped finely(ରସୁଣ)
- 2-3 finely chopped green chili(କଞ୍ଚା ଲଙ୍କା)
- 2-3 curry leaves finely chopped(ଭୁର୍ସୁଙ୍ଗା ପତ୍ର)
- Salt as per taste(ଲୁଣ)
- Oil for deep fry (ତେଲ)
- Drain out the water completely from the soaked dal and pulse a couple of more times.
- The dal should only be coarsely ground and it should NOT become a paste.
- Mix all the ingredients together, except the oil.
- At this point you can adjust the taste according to your preference.
- Heat oil in deep fry pan.
- Meanwhile, take small dumplings out of the dal mixture and flatten them in between your palms.
- Drop the vada into the hot oil and deep fry it in medium flame until it done.
- Once done, remove from oil and drain into paper towels.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or ketchup or just as is and enjoy!
- If the heat is too high, the outer portions get cooked faster than the inner, and you’ll end up with either burnt vadas or semi-cooked vadas.