Dahi sorisha Illishi Maachha by Adyasha Padhi
- 1 kg Hilsa, cut in steak size pieces
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 3 green chillies, slit
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 4 tbsp mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 1. Wash the fish well and clean it from inside and sprinkle with salt and 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- 2. Soak mustard seeds in lukewarm water for about 15 minutes. Make a smooth paste of yellow and black mustard seeds, poppy seeds, green chillies, ginger, salt, yogurt, chilli powder and remaining turmeric powder.
- 3. Pour the mustard sauce liberally on the fish pieces so that all the pieces are coated nicely. Place the slit green chillies on top. Marinate the fish in the marinade for half an hour.
- 4. Pour three cups of water into the cooker and place a ring in it. Take a pan and spread little mustard oil. Place the fish pieces on a single layer. Pour mustard oil over the fish. Now place this pan on the ring in the pressure cooker.
- Cover with lid and steam the fish for about 15 minutes, till it is cooked.
- Serve hot with rice.