“Chenna Podo” recipe – Odisha Famous Sweet Originated from Nayagarh District #Odisha #Nayagarh #IndianSweet
[box_info] “Chenna Podo” recipe – Odisha Famous Sweet Originated from Nayagarh District #Odisha #Nayagarh #IndianSweet- Prepared by Saswatee Sahoo[/box_info]
- Paneer/Chenna/Ricotta Cheese- 3 cups (i am using homemade paneer)
- Sooji/Semolina-3 tbsp
- Sugar-7 8tbsp (Sweeten per your liking)
- Ghee-4 tsp
- Milk-3 tbsp
- Raisins-1 few (optional)
- Cashew pieces-5 small pieces (optional)
- Cardamom powder-1 tsp (optional)
Method:- How to prepare “Chenna Podo” recipe :-
- In a big bowl,add mash little paneer thoroughly.
- Add sugar mix nicely
- Now add semolina,ghee,and milk it well using your hands.
- Now fry the dry fruits in 1 tsp of ghee.Mix in the dry fruits if you want them at this point.
- Now add milk and cardamom powder mix well.
- To get a caramelized effect on the top,apply a tablespoon of ghee or butter to the bottom of the baking dish,sprinkle with sugar and then hold it slightly above a gas stove for a few minutes to melt the sugar.
- Spread the melted sugar evenly.Pour into a oven safe dish the paneer mixture over the sugar.Bake in a p heated oven of 350 f for 45 to 50 minutes till the top turns to light brown.
- Insert a toothpick,it’s done when the toothpick comes out clean.Cool for 20 minutes,then turn it upside down.It should stay fresh for a week in the fridge.
- Cut into pieces like cutting a cake.
- This sweet u can it hot or cool.