Odisha Traditional Fair n Festivals – Welcome to world’s biggest open air theater Dhanu Yatra Festival Bargarh from 26th December 2014 to 5th January 2015 #Odisha #DhanuYatra #DhanuJatra #Travel #Tourism
Dhanu Jatra or Dhanu Yatra is a drama festival celebrated in Western Odisha based on mythological story of Krishna, and his demon uncle Kansa. Nowadays this play, enactment is being performed in many places across Western Odisha, but the most famous and oldest place of performance being at Bargarh It is about the episode of Krishna and Balaram’s visit to Mathura to witness the ceremony of ‘Bow’ organised by their mama (maternal uncle)Kansa or Kamsa. The plays start with the dethroning of emperor Ugrasen, by the angry prince Kansa, over the marriage of his sister Debaki with Vasudev, and ends with death of Kansa, and Ugrasen restoring back to become the King.
It is said by some old people that as a way to celebrate the freedom, of newly formed independent India after the British rulers, the labor class workers started this festival. Death of Kansa symbolised the end of colonial rules.
Known as world’s biggest open air theatre, it is held at bargarh since 1947.
Welcome to National Dhanu Yatra Festival Bargarh : from 26th December 2014 to 5th January 2015.
1. Mass Rangoli on 25th December 2014 (Open for all ,girls & women of all age can participate. Participation certificate will be issued by Dhanuyatra publicity committee.interested person are requested to contact Mr Rajendra Sikandar ,Principal ,School of fine art ,Bargarh on +919439395694 .
2. Mass cleaning of Bargarh town leaded by Bargarh Collector Anjan Kumar Manik & SP Dr Umashankar Dash .Volentier of all age ,all oganisetion are welcome. All are requested to join at Lokmandap field of Bargarh town on 25th December 2014 at 9 AM.
3. Sand art by international fame sand artist Sudam Pradhan in front of Biju Udyan on 25th December 2014
4. Opening of Circus at Ambapali (Gopapura) on 25th December 2014
5. PIplani cloth centre Bargarh will be declared as Polyethylene free shop
6: Inauguration of State level Hand loom expo at Mini stedium Bargarh. Visit the expo & get special discount in all stall in Hand loom
7. Inauguration of Bargarh Dhanu yatra at Rajdarbar (Hatapada Bargarh ) on 26th December 2014
8: .Specially decorated two City Bus service will be started in between Mathura ( Govt Bus stand Bargarh ) & Gopapura (Ambapali ) from 26th December 2014 .This bus service will be available till 11 PM during the festival.
9. Special reception centre will be started at Gandhi chowk, VSS Nagar chowk & Ambapali .Health service , Ambulance service with other medical facility ,Police service ,Volentier of NCC NSS & Red coross will be available in this facilitation centre
10: Special media centre will be operated in Bargarh Sub collector office with Fax & Brod band internet service for the media people .DIPRO Bargarh will be in chage of this media centre.