Spread the love
[box_info]Typical Odia type Mushroom curry .. Prepared by Partha Sarathi Satpathy (Hyderabad)[/box_info]
Mushroom – 250 gm
Potato – 1 big
Onion – 1 medium
Garlic- 4-5 cloves
Green chilli – 1 (or to taste)
Turmeric Powder – 1 Tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 Tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp (Kashmiri Laal)
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Mustard Oil – 2 Tbsp
Salt – To taste
1. Cut the mushrooms in to small pieces. I have used button mushroom otherwise desi mushroom is the best.
2. Cut the potatoes into small cubes.
3. Finely chop the onion and grind it in a stone mortar (kutni) along with Green Chilli & Garlic.
4. Heat the kadhai and sauté the mushrooms for 5 – 6 mins using 1 tbsp oil & set aside.
5. Sauté the potato pieces in the remaining oil till they are soft. Set aside.
6. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in the same kadhai and caramelize the sugar.
7. Add the onion paste and fry for a minute. Now add the powder masala (Turmeric+Red Chilli+Cumin) and 4 tbsp water. Let it fry till it leaves oil from the sides.
8. Now add the mushroom and sautéd potato and stir for another 3-4 mins. Add salt.
9. Pour water just enough to immerse veggies and boil it until the gravy reaches desired thickness.
10. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
This is typical Mushroom curry (Chhatu Tarakari – ଛତୁ ତରକାରି) which is famous in orissa / Odisha , Odisha Mushroom curry / Orissa Mushroom Curry