Sala Budha Oriya cinema – The Stupid Oldman by Sabyasachi Mohapatra
Credits & Casts of Sala Budha Oriya cinema :-
- Screenplay, Direction: Sabyasachi Mohapatra
- Cast: Atala B. Panda
- Producer: Sushanta Mohapatra
- Banner: Mohapatra Movie Magic Pvt Ltd
- Story: Kapileswar Prasad Mohapatra
- Dialogue: Atal Bihari Panda
- Music: Pankaj Jal, Ghasiram Mishra
- Cinematographer: Aum Prakash Mohapatra
- Editor: Rajendra Mahapatra
- Production Designer: P. Mantu Mohapatra
Synopsis of Oriya film Sala Budha :
During the British rule of India in the 1930s, the smaller cities were still ruled by the Kings.Bhagatram fondly called as Sala Budha (Stupid Old man) is the head of a very poor and obscure village in the state of Odisha, India. He is under the threat of losing his land, leadership and people.
In an attempt to hold his people together and help them survive the horrors of constant famine and a greedy King, he places his faith in God and believes that, there is always “Goodness in Men ! ” and “God is never wrong ! “.
Sala Budha brings back the courage in people to fight back against adversity and have faith in Goodness. He redefines the fact that old men are the hidden treasures of a society, but often overlooked and dismissed. They are the pillars of a well-founded civilization.
In this changing time and fading hope… Sala Budha brings back the sweet memories of our fathers, grand fathers and good old times!