Talasari Beach – The Odisha’s second largest mangrove forest & tranquil and Beautiful beaches of Odisha
Talasari is one of the most tranquil and unspoiled beaches of Odisha. The name Talasari is literally means (row of Palm leaves in Odia). The waters of Bay of Bengal are very calm which means it’s one of the safest beaches that one can come across.
The name Talasari is derived from the two words Tala (ତାଳ) (meaning Palm) and Sari/Sarani (ସାରି/ସାରଣୀ) (meaning row). The palm trees surrounding the place gives such a name to it. The word Tala also means rhythm, which is reflected in the sea waves lapping against the shore.
The rows of the Palm trees adds the beauty of the beach, the meandering Subarnarekha river accentuates the visual appeal of the beach by a few notches, the sand dunes and little red crabs lends character to the beach, the fishing hamlets and the nearby mangroves of Bichitrapur gives the location a purpose. If one is looking for a serene quiet holiday this is the place to be.
Talasari is one of the less exploited Odisha beaches. It is the last beach in the odisha to the north.Talsari’s beach is famous for its fishing village, and among people partial to sea food. Near beach digha just 7 km.
Also Read :
- Chandrabhaga Beach Konark,Most romantic Beach in OdishaSpread the love[box_info] Chandrabhaga Beach Konark,Most romantic Beach in Odisha [/box_info] The Chandrabhaga Beach is Close to the famous Sun temple (3 kms) of […]
- chandipur beach – an Ideal destination Nature Lovers , Photographers and specially Couples!! – OdishaSpread the love[box_info]Chandipur Beach – An Ideal destination for Nature Lovers , Photographers and specially Couples!! – Odisha [/box_info] Chandipur Beach is nestled about […]
- Narayanpur Back water of Bay of Bengal – Ganjam – OdishaSpread the love[box_info]Narayanpur Back water of Bay of Bengal – Ganjam – Odisha [/box_info] Narayanpur is situated in Badagada tehsil and located in Ganjam district […]
- Aryapalli Beach – The Beach Of Odisha – GanjamSpread the love[box_info]Aryapalli Beach – The Beach Of Odisha – Ganjam[/box_info] About : The beach at Aryapalli is quiet and charming where the wave […]
- Ansupa Lake ,The sweetest lake of Cuttack OdishaSpread the loveAnsupa Lake , Cuttack Odisha The Anshupa Lake is situated on the lap of Saranda and Bishnupur hills, Cuttack District, Odisha, The 141-hectare Ansupa Lake […]
Things to do
- During low tides the sea is brackish for a couple of kilometers and not too deep, one can enlist the help of a fishermen to walk into the sea for a few paces. However it’s advised to check the timing of the tides and heed the advice of the fishermen. Don’t venture too far during the high tides.
- A boat ride into the sea is an enjoyable experience especially the ride to confluence of Subarnarekha River with Bay of Bengal.
- If you are fish and sea food lover- buy some fresh goodies from the fishermen who sell their catch sometime between morning and noon time. A request to your hotel restaurant to prepare it should not go unheeded.
- Bichitrapur a mangrove wetland located 10 KM from Talsari should also be in your To Do List.
Talasari offers the perfect concoction of serenity & wilderness. Bichitrapur located 10 KM from Talasari is Odisha’s second largest mangrove forest. Enjoy boating and birding in the pristine wilderness at the Bichitrapur Nature Camp. For sea food lovers there are sumptuous spread on offer at local vendors. Try out the crabmasala.
Marine Aquarium is another major attraction of this region. Here the marine life is given out for public view as well as used to research upon. When at Talasari, apart from all these major attractions, one cannot miss out on Lankeshwari Temple which is at a distance of 8 km and Chandaneshwar Temple which is at a distance of about 1.6km from the beach. A visit to these temples will make the day divine and peaceful.
How to Go
In Odisha, Talasari is 36 km s from Jaleswar, is the nearest railway station and Kolkata is the nearest airport and is 180 km from Talsari . It’s good road communication to Baleswar. However, from West Bengal side, Talsari is only 8–10 km away from Digha. Recently two trains have been launched from Howrah (Kolkata) to New Digha, it is approximately 4 hours journey . From New Digha railway station, you can hire a cab / other local transport(Motor-van & Bike) to reach Talsari. It would take about 15 minutes and cost around 200rs/-.
- AIR – The Nearest Air Port is Bhubaneswar which is about 300km. away from Talasari -Udaypur.
- Train – The nearest Railway Station is Jaleswar Railway Station (43 km) and Digha railway station (6 km) away from Talasari Beach.
- Road – Talasari-Udaypur road connection is very good . A number of Public Transport, i.e. Buses are running from Balasore and Jaleswar Town.
Also read on Balesore
- Emami Jaganath Temple Baleswar – A Beautiful Place to visit and worship LordSpread the loveEmami Jaganath Temple Baleswar – A Beautiful Place to visit and worship Lord Shree Shree Jagannath Mandir is replica of Puri Jagannath temple. The […]
- Talasari Beach – The Odisha’s second largest mangrove forest & tranquil and Beautiful beaches of OdishaSpread the loveTalasari Beach – The Odisha’s second largest mangrove forest & tranquil and Beautiful beaches of Odisha Talasari is one of the most tranquil and […]
- Eminent Personality of Odisha -Kanta Kabi Laxmikanta MohapatraSpread the love Kanta Kabi Laxmikanta Mohapatra was born on Dec 9,1888 at Dhuanpatria Lane of Cuttack city to zamindar Choudhary Bhagabat Prasad Samantaray Mohapatra and […]
- Change of working hours for odisha government officesSpread the loveBhubaneswar : To make the state government office administration more citizen centric and effective, yesterday odisha government rescheduled the working hours of offices working […]
- Birth Anniversary of Odia eminent Kabibar Radhanath RaySpread the loveOdisha Legendary News : Birth Anniversary of Odia eminent Kabibar Radhanath Ray #RadhanathRay #OdiaPoetry #BirthAnniversary #Legend #Tribute #କବିବର #ରାଧାନାଥ_ରାୟ #ଜନ୍ମବାର୍ଷିକୀ #ଶ୍ରଦ୍ଧାଞ୍ଜଳି Article by Gorvachove […]