Spread the love
- Suji-150 gm
- Shredded coconut- half a coconut
- jiggery -75gm
- sugar- 2tsp
- cardamom- 4 pcs
- Salt – as per taste
- Take a frying pan. Put the jiggery and shredded coconut into the pan, fry it for 10 min, when semi cooked, add crushed cardamom.
- When cooked take out from flame, keep aside.
- Take water 2cup in a deep pan. Add sugar and salt as per the taste. Boil it.
- When it starts boiling put small amount of suji and stir it. Do the same for the rest of suji.
- Stir it properly to avoid forming lumps. Keep it on the flame for 2 min. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Wait till the dough cools down to room temperature, kneed the dough to make it softer.
- Make 8-10 balls from the dough when rolling it in hand. Flatten balls and put some coconut stuffing, roll it to make a ball.
- In a separate deep pan take water (2/3). Tie a cloth over the mouth of the pan. Boil it.
- When its starts steaming, put the suji balls and cover it. Steam it for 10 min.
- Remove from flame. Serve it hot or cold.