Spread the love
[box_info]Suji Manda – Typical Odia Pitha[/box_info]
- 150 gm Semolina
- 1no Shredded coconut
- 75gm sugar
- 2-3 cardamom seeds (crushed)
- Salt – as per taste
- Take a frying pan. Put the sugar and shredded coconut into the pan, fry it for 10 min, when semi cooked, add crushed cardamom. When cooked take out from flame, keep aside.
- Take water (double the amount of semolina) in a deep pan. Add sugar and salt as per the taste. Boil it.
- When it starts boiling put small amount of semolina and stir it. Do the same for the rest of rawa. Stir it properly to avoid forming lumps. Keep it on the flame for 2 min. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Wait till the dough cools down to room temperature, kneed the dough to make it softer.
- Make 8-10 balls from the dough when rolling it in hand. Flatten balls and put some coconut stuffing, roll it to make a ball.
- In a separate deep pan take water (2/3). Tie a cloth over the mouth of the pan. Boil it.
- When its starts steaming, put the semolina balls and cover it. Steam it for 10 min.
- Remove from flame. Serve it hot or cold.