[quote]The dry winter season is slowly creeping in. Just because the season is dry and cold doesn’t mean that your skin will look like that. You can have supple and glowing skin this winter if you follow these simple tips.[/quote]
For normal to dry skin
- Use a cleanser containing aloe vera, cactus and lemon. Aloe vera has the power to restore moisture and has potent healing properties too. It is an anti-oxidant that speeds up the process of cell-renewal. An aloe cleanser helps in softening and removing dead cells, accelerates cell regeneration and delays ageing.
- Keep the skin moisturised, always
- During winter, the outer layer of skin becomes very dry therefore it is important to keep the skin moisturised. Even those who have oily skin must use light moisturising lotions after cleansing to keep the skin soft.
- Use a sunscreen
- People like to enjoy the sun during winter but little do they know that exposure to the sun can hasten ageing. Therefore, one must use a sunscreen 15 minutes before going out in order to allow the skin to absorb it. If you stay out in the sun for more than 30 minutes, reapply the sunscreen.
- Nourish the skin every night if you have normal to dry skin. Apply a skin life anti-ageing cream and massage it on the skin with a little water. Use outward and slightly upward strokes. Ensure that the cream is rich in Vitamins A and E.
For very dry skin
- – If your skin is very dry and dehydrated, avoid using soap.
- – Apply a lemon-turmeric cream before washing or bathing. It protects the skin from further moisture depletion. It also softens the skin. The healing property of turmeric soothes and cures dehydrated skin.
- – After a bath, apply a body lotion while the skin is still damp. It helps to seal the moisture.
Hair care during winter
- Heat pure coconut oil and apply on scalp and hair ends. Wrap a hot towel and let it stay for sometime. Next morning, wash your hair with a mild herbal shampoo.
For soft hands
- – Add some sugar to lemon juice and use the mixture to scrub the hands. It has a softening effect.
- – Massage cream on the hands soon after bathing and washing clothes.
Don’t ever leave the house with wet hair
- Have you ever had your hair freeze in the cold? This will cause damage to your scalp and hair can actually break off, so it may be better to shower in the evening. Since hair can get dry and damaged just like our skin, protect it by conditioning more in the winter and blow dry hair on a cooler setting.
- Wear a hat to prevent a dry scalp
- Besides keeping you warm, a hat will hold in moisture and protect your scalp from dry air and flaking. Make sure your hat is not too tight and made of breathable material.