The Department of Tourism is holding a photography contest with the overarching theme of “Odisha through Your Lens”.
- Entry Date : 11th Sept’20
- Last Date : 20th Sept’20, (5:00 PM IST)
- Declaration of Winners – 27th Sept’20 (World Tourism Day)
The photo contest is organised by the Department of Tourism with the purpose to bring forth the beauty of Odisha to the discerning traveler. The contest will be launched and promoted through the Departments website – www.odishatourism.gov.in and social media platforms.
Themes on Odisha Through Lens : –
The photograph’s must be around the following themes.
- Beaches, Water Bodies – Rivers, Lakes & Waterfalls of Odisha
- Wildlife in Odisha
- Urban Odisha
- Rural life, Tribal Life and Habitat in Odisha
- Temples and Monuments of Odisha
- Traditional Art, Culture & Craft, Classical and Folk Dances of Odisha
- Landscape / Mountains of Odisha
These photos are expected to inspire travelers to explore and unearth the hidden treasures (both natural and historical) of India’s Best Kept Secret.
Who Can apply for this Contest :-
The contest is open to professional and amateur photographers, who are above 18 years of age and all nationality except citizens of Islamic Republic of Pakistan and People’s Republic of China. The judges of the contest, contest organizers, contest sponsors, and their respective family members are not eligible to participate.
- Photos must be relevant to the contest’s theme
- A participant can submit one photo in digital and JPEG format for each Theme.
- 3 Best photo will be selected under each theme which must not be digitally manipulated .
- Image files must be between 3 and 5 megabytes, with at least 1,600 pixels in dimension.
- In the event that your submission is selected as a finalist or winner,
- you will be asked to submit high resolution images for printing and display, and if applicable, RAW images to check if adjustments made to the image comply with the contest’s rules.
- The Jury reserves the right to allow or cancel an application.
- Each photo must include the following information: Title, date shot, location and caption (maximum 100 words in English), explaining what the picture portrays.
- Photos taken before 1 January 2020 will not be considered
- Photos that have won awards or placed in other photography contests or have been published previously will be disqualified
- The photographer must be the sole author of the entries and hold all intellectual property rights to them
- The photographer must have received permission from the subject(s) in the submitted photos, agreeing that the images will be submitted to the Odisha Tourism photo contest and that the images may be used or published by the Department of Tourism.
- When entering the contest, the photographer agrees to the contest’s terms and conditions.
Where to Submit Photo :
- The photographer must submit the photos on the official Odisha tourism portal using the below instructions
- Click on the following link https://odishatourism.gov.in/content/tourism/en.html#travellerExp
- This will take you to the “Traveler’s Experiences” section on the Odisha tourism home, Then click on upload photos under “Get featured”
- You will be required to then click on sign up in the login portal
- After completing sign up, click on the person icon on the top right corner of the website and click on “My Contributions”
- Create a trip and continue to upload your photos in the contribution section and submit https://youtu.be/C9XcL-9Ygxo
- For any issues contact Mr. Salman Khan from Odisha tourism web team on +91-9176677658 or DM us on our social media handles.
- When sending the photos, the photographer must attach a valid ID, proving your nationality, country of residence and occupation.
Prizes Details :-
Based on jury’s decision, 3 images will be selected from each Theme. Each individual can win only one prize or prize package.
- 1st Prize – 2 Nights 3 Days for 2 persons on a OTDC or Ecotour Nature Camp of the Winning Contestant’s choice
- 2nd Prize – 1 night 2 Days for 2 persons on a OTDC or Ecotour Nature Camp of the Runner-up Contestant’s choice for 2 persons
- 3rd Prize – Gift Vouchers worth Rs.3000 /- (Rupees Three Thousand Only) from either OTDC/Utkalika/TIDDCOL/Boyanika
Terms & Conditions
- The Winner & Runner-up contestants will have to avail the OTDC and Ecotour Nature Camp stays between 1st October’20-30th November’20.
- The bookings at OTDC and Ecotour Nature Camps will be subject to availability
- For the Second Runner-up, the Gift vouchers have to be availed between 1st October’20 – 30th November’20
- The Department of Tourism can issue gift vouchers of any of the mentioned entities to the 2nd Runner-up.