Bhubaneswar : The school fees in Odisha private schools may be slash by 30 % . Because of Corona lockdown , A joint committee of the State government officials, school authorities and parents has reportedly submitted a report in Odisha High Court to reduce the school fee .
As per the committee’s recommendation,
- No any fee reduction in schools charging up to Rs 6,000 annually.
- If the school fees in between 6000 to 12000 per annum then 7.5 % reduction will happen .
- If the school fees in between Rs 24,000-Rs 48,000 per annum then 15 % reduction will happen .
- If the school fees in between Rs 48,000-Rs 72,000 per annum then 20 % reduction will happen .
- For educational institutions charging between Rs 72,000 and Rs 100,000, the committee has recommended 25 % cut in fee along with 26 per cent fee reduction in schools charging more than Rs 100,000 per year.
Meanwhile, the Odisha High Court concluded its hearing in the matter and has reserved its verdict.