About Prachi Bohra
Prachi started learning Odissi at the age of 7 in Indore. She went forward to train under Guru Shri Bharat Charan Giri (Bhubneswar) at the tender age of 8. Each year she travelled 1275 km with her mother from Indore to Bhubneswar to learn from her Guru. With the persistent efforts, support and guidance from her Guru and Parents she won her first National Competition at the age of 9. Since then she has performed all across India.
Personal Life of Odissi Dancer Prachi Bohra
Prachi hails from a Marwari family. Her mother struggled a lot in the initial years by going against the traditional mindset and creating a space for her to learn Odissi. Her father Mr. Ravindra Bohra is a businessman and mother, Mrs. Maya Bohra is a Rehabilitation Psychologist. Her elder sister is in Education Reform.
Career of Odissi Dancer Prachi Bohra
Prachi is a CMTAI & CID UNESCO certified Therapeutic Movement Facilitator. She has done her Masters in Psychology from Indore. She is the Chapter head of CMTAI Central Zone. She has worked with NGOs, under-priveledged sections of society, schools and de-addiction centers as a therapeutic movement facilitator. She is keen on learning and exploring the field of Dance Movement Therapy that merges her interests in dance and psychology.
Odissi Career of Odissi Dancer Prachi Bohra
Prachi started her Odissi career as a child artist by competing in National Championships and performing across the country. She has performed in Odissi International (2019), Naveen Kalakaar (Bhubneswar), Nivedana Dance Festival (Kolkata), Paripurna Dance Festival by Debaprasad Das Foundation, Rangoday (Agra), Sangam Mahostav (Delhi), Dharohar Dance Festival (Shimla), Rashtriya Nritya Mahotsav (Guwahati), Uttranchal Mahotsav (Dehradun), various Tv Shows and various events in many other cities of India. Today, she continues to train under the expert guidance of her Guru.
Awards of Odissi Dancer Prachi Bohra
- Received Nritya Jaya Samman at Nivedana Festival, Kolkata, 2018
- Received Sri Ram Param Music Award at Sangam Mahotsav – Delhi, 2018
- Received Meera Award at Rangoday – 2017 organized by Sanskar Bharti Natya Kendra (Agra).
- Received special award for Odissi at Dharohar, 2017 organized by USSNA (Shimla, Himachal Pradesh)
- Awarded Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan Scholarship at AUMP in 2015
- Received Naveen Manghrani Award 2013 by National Performing Art Association, India (Guwahati)
- Stood second at All India multilingual dance and drama competition Cuttack(2009)
- Achieved Nritya Shree Award by Theatre Movement in International Dance and Drama Competition, Cuttack (2009)
- Received Dimple Award by Akhil BhartiyaSanskar Bharti, Agra (2008)
- Stood first in All India Dance Competition organized by United Artist Patiala (2008)
- Stood second in National Dance Competition organized by Akhil Bharatiya Sanskar Bharti, Agra (2008)
- Stood first in Global Harmony, Pune (2008)
- Stood first in All India Dance Competition organized by Theatre Movement, Cuttack (2008)
- Received Kalakriti Samman by Uttaranchal Natya Academy, (2007)
- Stood first in Uttaranchal Mahostav (All India Competition, Dehradun 2007)
- Awarded by Lok Sanskrutik Manch(M.P.) and Rotary Club for excellence in Odissi Dance
- Stood second in All India Dance competition, Cuttack (2007)
- Stood second in all India Multi-lingual Dance Competition BhavRaagTaal, Pune (2006)
About the video –
Maa Yashoda looks for Krishna all around but is unable to find her child. Frightened to lose Krishna, she frantically searches and finally finds him eating dirt. Coming up to him with a wagging finger she scolds him. But the Lord disguised as a human child refuses any accusations. ‘Open you Mouth!’ orders Yashoda. Krishna does as he is told. He opens his mouth and Yashoda gasps. She sees in Krishna’s mouth the entire timeless universe.
The excerpt mentioned above is portrayed in one part of the Odiya Abhinay – Kede Chandha Jane Lo Sahi. The title translating to there is something dubious with this child Krishna (he does not appear to be a normal child!). The abhinay entails various stories of the marvellous and astonishing acts of Krishna as a young child.
The above act was performed by Prachi Bohra disciple of Guru Shri Bharat Charan Giri.
Note : If you want to submit your article , Submit Article on eodisha.org
Some more other Odissi Profile are –
- Eminent #Odissi #Dancer Ileana Citaristi, Saswat Joshi performed Odissi infront of the great Roman Ruin Collosseo #Odisha
- Odisha : This Unique Odissi choreography is a must watch for all Bangalore based Odias in the coming weekend
- Spark of divine within man : A Guru is the very essence of creation Shown using #Odissi Dance form by Sri Pravat Kumar Swain #Odisha
- Must Watch – Best Way to Promote #OdiaCulture & Heritage Sites of #Bhubaneswar, an Odissi rendition to Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
- Lipsa Dash–An International Odissi Dancer Who Promotes Indian #ClassicalDance and #OdishaCulture