Spread the love
- 3 potato (finely washed, peeled and diced into cubes)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice / dry mango powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 cumin seeds
- curry leaves
- 2-3 red chili
- 1pinch hing
- salt as per taste
- 2tsp oil
- Heat oil on a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chillies, curry leaves and hing.
- When mustard seeds start to pop and splutter, add finely chopped onions and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Next, add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes till the raw smell disappears and onions turn light brown in color.
- Mix in diced potatoes and give it a good stir for a minute or two.
- Add all the spices listed above one by one along with salt to taste and mix them well to coat every potato piece. If using lime/lemon juices save it till the end.
- Sprinkle little water and cover the wok and cook for 5-8 minutes. Give it a good stir in between to save the potatoes from sticking to the bottom of the vessel.
- Sprinkle little more water if needed and cook for another 3-5 minutes till the potatoes are cooked thoroughly.
- Add lime/lemon juice and switch off the gas.
- Serve it hot with any meal.
Instead of frying potato you can use boiled potato.