[box_info]Pomfret Fish Fry in Odia style #Odiafood #Odiarecipe #Food #Recipe[/box_info]
Its a popular Odia food found in commonly coastal area of Odisha.
- Pomfret,slivered- 4 small
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice- 1 tablespoon
- Green chillies 7-8
- Fresh coriander leaves 3 tablespoons
- Ginger 2 inch piece
- Onion- 1 medium
- Garlic- 1medium
- corn flour -1tsp
- tamarind juice(thick)- 1tsp
- Wash and clean the pomfret. Apply salt and lemon juice. Give slits on both sides and also give a cut on top side to create a pocket to put the stuffing.
- Grind together green chilies, coriander leaves , onion, garlic and ginger with salt to a fine paste.
- Make chutney of masala paste, tamarind juice and corn flour.
- Apply the chutney stuffing on all sides evenly.
- Heat a tawa on medium heat. Place the wrapped fish on it and shallow fry the fish on low heat for five minutes on each side.
- When its turn golden color and serve hot