Latest Odisha Odia Nari News :#Odisha’s Manasi Pradhan first woman who got Rani Laxmibai National Stree Shakti Puraskar from India President Mr.Pranab Mukherjee #News
Eminent women rights activist Manasi Pradhan of Odisha has been selected to receive the much coveted Rani Laxmibai National Stree Shakti Puraskar for the year 2013.
As a measure of recognition of achievements in individual women in the field of social development, the Government of India has instituted of 6 National Awards, which are called “Stree Shakti Puruskar”. These awards are in the name of the following eminent women personalities in the Indian history, who are famous for their personal courage and integrity:‐
- Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar
- Mata Jajabai
- Rani Gaidinliu Zeliang
- Rani Lakshmi Bai
- Rani Rudramma Devi (for both men & women)
- Manasi Pradhan from Odisha.
Wiki Profile of Manasi Pradhan:-
- She is the Founder of “Honour for Women National Campaign ” Movement to end violence against women & her relentless fight has led many State Govt.s to cut down liquor trading & include Self Defense training for women in educational curriculum .
- She is Advisory Board Member of World Women Organisation ( WWO )-received ” Outstanding Woman Award ” on International Women’s Day-2011 at UN HQ.
- Member Inquiry Committee of National Commission for Women-will receive 2013 Rani LaxmibaiStree Shakti Puraskar ( the highest National Honour given to recognise the spirit of courage & the personal achievement of a woman ) on International Women’s Day-2014 on March 8,2014 from the President of India Mr.Pranab Mukherjee.
- Manasi is also a prolific Writer & her Book ” Urmi–O–Uchchwas ” has already been translated into 8 major Languages of the World
- The 2012 Rani Laxmibai Stree Shakti Puraskar was conferred by the President posthumously on the Delhi braveheart “Nirbhaya” last year.
- In 2011, Mrs. Manasi Pradhan was conferred with the prestigious ‘Outstanding Women Award’ along with global chief of Missionaries of Charity Sister Prema at the International Women’s Day ceremony jointly held by United Nation’s UN Women & National Commission for Women. Following the award, She was inducted as Inquiry Committee Member of National Commission for Women.
- Mrs. Manasi Pradhan is first woman from the state of Odisha to be chosen for the Rani Laxmibai Stree Shakti Puraskar.