Odisha Govt Will launch comprehensive grassroot program for swimming collaboration with JSW Sports
To develop a robust culture for swimming & nurture swimmers from the State, #Odisha Govt will launch a comprehensive Grassroot Programme in collaboration with @jswsports . This initiative will ensure world-class training for swimmers.
With an aim to develop a robust culture for swimming and produce world-class swimmers from the state, JSW Sports in collaboration with the Sports and Youth Services Department today announced the launch of a comprehensive Grassroot Program scheduled to commence from 1 April.
The Grassroots Swim Program will be rolled out in eight locations, Bhubaneshwar, Sambalpur, Balangir, Boudh, Sonepur, Angul, Ganjam and Mayurbhanj under the umbrella of Odisha Government’s pact with JSW Sports to create a High-performance Centre and provide international standard coaching in the state.
Twenty coaches including two regional heads have been selected by JSW Sports for these eight locations. To equip these coaches with international standards of training swimmers, JSW Sports in collaboration with DSYS also conducted a 4-day intensive coaching program which concluded on Monday, March 15, at KIIT University.
The coaches’ course facilitated by Swimming Matters was conducted by Olympian and AUSTSWIM Presenter Nisha Millet who represented India at the Sydney Olympics in 2000. The course included a combination of both theoretical modules and supervised training (practical sessions). The 20 Coaches selected for the Grassroots Program, once certified, will hold the globally-recognized AUSTSWIM license to teach swimming. ANI
- Men’s Junior Hockey World Cup From 24th Nov to 5th Dec , Hosting by OdishaSpread the loveMen’s Junior Hockey World Cup From 24th Nov to 5th Dec , Hosting by Odisha at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced […]
- First Indian & First Odia Pramod Bhagat who Create history to win gold medal in BadmintonSpread the loveFirst Indian & First Odia Pramod Bhagat who Create history to win gold medal in Badminton Pramod Bhagat (born 4 June 1988) is an Indian […]
- Gopal Sahu has become the first Odia Ironman Certified Coach from #OdishaSpread the loveAn Ironman Triathlon is one of a series of long-distance triathlon races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC), consisting of 3.86 km swim, 180.25 […]
- Jhilli Dalabehera on bagging gold medal in the 45kg women category at Uzbekistan #SportsOdishaSpread the loveOdisha’s Jhilli Dalabehera on bagging gold medal in the 45kg women category at Uzbekistan #SportsOdisha 22 yrs Old Jhilli Dalabehera has made both India & […]
- #Odisha’s sprint star Srabani Nanda on finishing 3rd in women’s 200m event of #VelocityFest9 #SportsOdishaSpread the loveOdisha’s sprint star Srabani Nanda on finishing 3rd in women’s 200m event of #VelocityFest9 Odisha sprint star Srabani Nanda finished 3rd in women’s 200m event […]