Neema Fula Cutlet – One Typical Odia Food Recipe #Odisha #Recipe – Prepared by Adyasha Padhi
Ingredients for Neema Fula Cutlet :-
- Potatoes Boiled – 6 medium sized
- Frozen Peas or cooked peas – 1 Handful
- Neem Floretes chopped – 1 cup
- Bengal gram Flour – 2 tbsp
- Salt – To Taste
- Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli Paste – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp ( optional )
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 Pinch
- Oil – To Shallow fry the Cutlets
Procedure for Neema Fula Cutlet recipe :-
- Cook the Potatoes,Peas and mash them and keep it.Clean the florets.
- In the kadai on medium heat, add 2 tsp of oil first.Then,add he neem florets and fry them till they get transparent and half cooked.Then,add all the powders and fry them for few seconds.
- Finally add the mashed potatoes,peas and the bengal gram flour.Add required amount of salt and a pinch of sugar and mix them thoroughly. Fry them for a minute and switch off the flame.
- After it gets cooled,take a ball size of the mix from the kadai. With little oil in hand,make a small flat cutlet.Similarly make other cutlet too with the kadai mix and keep it ready.
- In a non stick pan or dosa pan or skillet add little oil and shallow fry them at one shot with very less oil.Turn them both sides and fry every cutlet uniformly.
- Keep the fried cutlets on a plate and serve with a side sauce or with rice or pakkhaala.
- Don’t mash the potatoes and peas too much.
- Leave few small potato pieces so that the cutlet tastes good.