Mutton Ragan Josh- Mansha Tarkari- Mutton Curry- #OdiaFood #NonvegRecipe
Preparation time: 2 hr (approx)
- Mutton- 1 k.g
- Onion slices- 3 cup
- ginger garlic paste- 3 tsp
- turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- chili powder- 2 tsp (as per taste)
- garam masala- 1 tsp
- mutton masala- 1 tsp
- bay leaves- 2 nos
- Mustard oil- 3 tsp( you can use olive oil or ghee)
- salt as per taste
- wash all mutton pieces and drain water. marinate all mutton pieces with salt, 1tsp mustard oil, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder for 1hr atleast. you can marinate it more 2-3 hr if possible .
- heat oil on deep pan and add bay leaves. Add onion slices , fry it till its turn golden color.
- Add marinated mutton pieces and cook it in law flame.
- Cover the pan and simmer it sometimes.
- Once it is cooked and the meat falls off the bone, add mutton masala and garam masala, add cover the lid for 5mins and turn off the heat .
- garnish it with ginger julienne and serve with rice or roti.
You can cook whole thing in a pressure cooker. Cook for 4-5 whistle(as per mutton quality), simmer the pot and cook for 15 mins. Turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself. Open the cooker and mix well and serve.