Why March 20 celebrates as Pakhala Dibasa & Who has initiated this Dates – #PakhalaDibasa
March 20 Is Declared As Pakhala Dibas (Universal Pakhala Day) By Odias Worldwide #Pakhal #Odisha #Food Odisha – In a move to promote odia food , people of Odisha decided to celebrate march 20 as Pakhala Divas. Everyone decided to eat Pakhala on 20th march to welcome this summer with odishas traditional food.It is expected a big celebration from this year onwards along with Utkala divas.
Why March 20 & Who initiated – The March equinox occurs on March 20, So eOdisha.Org Team initiated on 20th March 2011 along with Odia Initiative declared this March 20th as Pakhal Dibas on March 20th 2012 and we are celebrating from same day .
This marks the beginning of spring in the northern hemisphere and fall (autumn) in the southern hemisphere from an astronomical viewpoint.Twice a year, around March 20 or 21 and September 22 or 23, the sun shines directly on the equator and the length of day and night are nearly equal in all parts of the world. So 20th March is the perfect day to celebrate Universal Pakhala Day.
ସହି ହୁଏ ନାହିଁ ଟାଣ ଖରାକୁ ।
ମନ ଝୁରିଲାଣି ପଖାଳ ସଙ୍ଗେ ବଡ଼ି ଚୁରାକୁ ॥
ବୋଉ ହାତବଢ଼ା ଦହି ପଖାଳ ।
ମଧ୍ୟାହ୍ନ ବେଳେ ବି ଆଣେ ସକାଳ ॥
କାଞ୍ଜିପାଣି ଟୋପେ ପିଇବା ପାଇଁ ।
ପାଟିରୁ ମୋର ବହଇ ଲାଳ ॥
ଫୁଟି ପଣା ସ୍ବାଦ ମଧୁର ଏତେ ।
ମନ ବୁଝେ ନାହିଁ ପିଉଥା ଯେତେ ॥
ପଣା ସଂକ୍ରାନ୍ତିର ଚୁନା ଛତୁଆ ପଣା ।
ସ୍ବାଦ ଯେ କାହାକୁ ଅଛି ଅଜଣା ॥
poet By Mr Ganesh Chandra Singh.
Types Of Pakhala :-
- Masala Pakha:- It is made by adding so many ingredients with curry leaves , garlic etc with Pakhala.
- Dahi Pakhala :- This is made by adding Curd with pakhala.
- Garama Pakhala :- This is generally made by adding water instantly after making rice or with warm rice.
- Basi pakhala :- This is made by fermenting rice by adding water which is generally kept overnight and eaten in the next day.
- Pakhala Paga :- Garam Pakhala ( dahi + ingediants) , Badi chura , Badi saga , Odisha Mixture , baigana poda , alu potol rasa , chunu chunu alu bhaja , sajana chhuin besar , odisha khata ,Tamato , —Pakhala Divas … Alpa bahut na kahiba … sabuhi bantina Khaiba
Recipe of Pakhal :- How to prepare Pakhal :-
- Cook extra rice and put in water one day before after adding either lemon or curd .
- Curry Leaf , Ada , Kancha Lanka , Amba lasa .
- serve in morning and come to office …
- Pakhala tastes best when served after 8 to 12 hrs after preparation. Generally boiled potato and other fried vegetables or fried fish is served with pakhala. Modern day variation is to add curd instead of fermenting it
Some Recipe :-
Also Read : –
- Lost Recipes Of Odisha -Veg Magura |Saru Patra Magura – A Typical Authentic Western Odisha Food #OdishaByFood
- Elephant Apple Chutney Recipe // ଓଉ ଖଟା ପ୍ରସ୍ତୁତ ପ୍ରଣାଳୀ
- Jagannatha Sanskruti and Mahaprasad -# 2 Dahi Pakhaala & Recipe
- Jagannatha Sanskruti and Mahaprasad -# 1 Kaakara Recipe
- Badi tomato khata – ବଡ଼ି ଟମାଟର ଖଟା – A Typical Odia Food