Mandakini Majhi – The First Odia to be part of India Kho Kho Team #Odisha
Profile of Mandakini Majhi
Mandakini Majhi is a +3 1st year commerce student of Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) has been selected for South Asian Federation (SAF) Games 2016. She has selected in Indian women Kho-Kho team for the 12th SAF Games to be held from.
Mandakini Majhi is the first girl from Odisha to represent India in SAF Games. She has come from a very poor Kondh family from Ludhipada village of Bolangir district of Odisha. Father Rajiv Majhi and mother Rama Majhi are very poor. They depend on agriculture for their livelihood. Before this Mandakini has achieved many successes to her credit including 2nd place in 19th East Zone National Kho-Kho Championship 2014 held at Bihar; Participated in 59th National School Games 2013-14 held at Delhi; Represented Odisha in 46th Senior National Kho-Kho Championship 2012-13 held at Baramati, Maharashtra; has been place in 3rd position in Junior National Kho-Kho Championship 2014 held at Rajasthan.
Before this historic achievement Mandakini has gained many successes to her credit including 2nd place in 19th East Zone National Kho-Kho Championship 2014 held at Bihar; Participated in 59th National School Games 2013-14 held at Delhi.
- Women Techmakers Bhubaneswar Celebrated international Women’s day 2016
- Watch How A Lady Forest Guard Snehalata Dhal Dancing seeing The Rain In Similipal Forest
- Vote Her – #Odisha girl Barnali Hota Placed Top 8 in ‘Dil Hai Hindustani’ -Missed call to 18008334504
- Vote for Swapna Rani Patra – The Great Singer of Odisha to see her in final in Magical Voice of India #Odia #Singer #MagicalVoiceOfIndia
- Vote for Anisha Mohanty – A Singer from #Ganjam, #Odisha to see her in final in Magical Voice of India #Odia #Singer #MagicalVoiceOfIndia
She also represented Odisha in 46th Senior National Kho-Kho Championship 2012-13 held at Baramati, Maharashtra and has been place in 3rd position in Junior National Kho-Kho Championship 2014 held at Rajasthan.
Mandakini has also participated in 33rd Junior National Kho-Kho Championship 2013 held at Himachal Pradesh and placed in 3rd position in National Cadet Corps National Games From 17th Oct to 28th Oct 2013.
Expressing his satisfaction Dr. Achyuta Samanta, founder of KIIT and KISS, congratulates Mandakini and wished her success in SAF Games.
“Mandakini, who took admission in KISS in 5th class in 2007, got the success due to the proper guidance and care which she is given here. Not only Mandakini many students of KISS have got success both in academic, sports and other curricular activities,” Dr. Samanta said.
Meanwhile many intellectuals said that it is a matter of pride not only for KISS, it is good news for Odisha and entire tribal community.
- #Odia Girl Neha Swain Honored By Queen Elizabeth Of Britain As Young Leaders In #UK #Odisha
- #Odia girl Pratyasha Ray – #First Swimmer from #Odisha to win a gold medal #Sports #Swimmer
- #Odisha #Chess star Aparajita Gochhikar is India’s youngest national coach to represent INDIA in Asian Youth Chess Championship-2017
- #Odisha girl Meghali Malbika Swain enters record book for naming 165 rivers in one minute #IndiaRecordBook
- #Odisha’s Manasi Pradhan first woman who got Rani Laxmibai National Stree Shakti Puraskar from India President #News