Spread the love
- 500 gms all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 400 gms sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Grated coconut
For the syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Saffron strands
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Mix equal quantity of sugar and water in a pan
- Boil it until a single-thread consistency is obtained
- Add cardamom powder, saffron threads, mix well
- Keep it aside to use later
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the condensed milk, flour, Grated coconut and baking powder together to form a smooth batter.
- Meanwhile heat enough ghee in a deep frying pan to cook the malpuas.
- Pour the batter into the oil to form circles about 4″ in diameter.
- Cook till golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and put directly into the sugar syrup
- Remove after 2-3 minutes and drain on a wire rack
- Now to serve and garnish with grated coconut.