Lipsa Dash – The #International #Odissi #Dancer Who Promotes #Indian #ClassicalDance and #Odisha #Culture
About Odissi Dancer Lipsa Dash entry to Odissi
Acclaimed world over for her technique, grace, and precision of movement in the spellbinding dance of Odissi, Lipsa Dash is one of the rare gems of this classical art. With over 25 years of dedication to this craft, Lipsa first ventured into the domain of Odissi at the age of five under the inspiring guidance of Padmashree Guru Shri Gangadhar Pradhan, respected and versatile doyen of this classical dance. From there on, she mastered the intricacies and techniques of Odissi under the tutelage of Guru Bichitrananda Swain and Guru Aruna Mohanty. Since then, she has mesmerized distinguished audiences all over the world with her skilful and brilliant performances.
About Odissi Dancer Lipsa Dash Personal Life .
Lipsa was born into a family where art forms were valued and nurtured. Her parents, Prafulla Dash and Smt. Chitralekha Dash, were her pillars of strength and encouragement in the formative years of her career as a dancer and contributed greatly to her development as a gifted Odissi dancer. With their support, she was able to balance her academic and cultural aspirations with ease –
Odissi Dancer Lipsa Dash Career –
Lipsa Dash holds a Masters in Sociology from Utkal University, Odisha and has completed her Alankar Purna from Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Mumbai as well.
Lipsa is also a well-known media personality and has anchored many media shows across Odisha, including the acclaimed tele-film ‘Abhipsa’ and tele-serial ‘Jaya Jagdish Hare’, in which she played the lead role of Padmavati.
Odissi Career of Odissi Dancer Lipsa Dash –
Lipsa has received numerous national and international accolades including the ‘Singaramani’ conferred by the Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai, the Senior National Scholarship from the Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Government of India, and the ‘International Ambassador for Performing Arts’ by the Lipsa is an ICCR-impanelled artist and has given performances across the world in countries like the USA, Canada, Laos,Indonesia, Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Romania. In India, she has performed at prestigious festivals like the Konark Festival, Puri Vedvyas Festival, the Mysore Pallovothsava Festival, the Ujjain Kalidas Mohotsava, and the Swarnotsava, Delhi.
Apart from nationwide and international dance performances, Lipsa has also conducted dance workshops across India with SPIC Macay and the Centre for Cultural Research and Training, Govt. of India.
Lipsa has perpetuated and sustained the memory of the dance as was envisioned by the original masters of the dance- Guru Kelucharan Mahapatra and Guru Gangadhar Pradhan- and with their blessings, has become one of the country’s most cherished artistes of the breathtaking dance of Odissi.
Awards and Accolades of Odissi Dancer Lipsa Dash –
• Singaramani, Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai
• Senior National Scholarship, Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Govt. of India
• International Ambassador of Performing Arts, Limkokwing University of Creative Technology,Malaysia
• ARADHANA SAMMAN in the field of performing arts during Gotipua mahotsav in Bhubaneswar
International Performances of Odissi Dancer Lipsa Dash –
• Chitralekha Dance Academy, Canada
• 20th April Spring Friendship Art Festival, Pyongyang, North Korea
• The Orissa Society Of Americans, Washington D.C.,USA
• International Odissi Festival, Washington D.C., USA
• 8th Kalanidhi International Dance Festival, Canada
• Laos, Indonesia,Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, and Vietnam with the ICCR
• Bucharest and Timiso in Romania with the Rabindranath Tagore Cultural Centre, Romania
• Samanwaya, an Amalgamation of Kathak and Odissi at Al Jawahar Convention Centre,Sharjan ,Al Owais Cultural Council in Association with Dubai Culture and Scientific Association ,Dubai
National Performances of Odissi Dancer Lipsa Dash –
• Konark Dance and Music Festival, Konark
• Beach Festival, Puri
• Vedvyas Festival, Rourkela
• Udayaraga, Bhubaneswar
• Pallavothsava Festival, Mysore
• Karvelli Festival, Karnataka
• Swarnostava, Sangeet Natak Academy, Delhi and Ahmedabad
• Odissi Sandhya, Orissa Dance Academy, Delhi
• Natyanjali Festival, Coimbatore
• Kalidas Mahotsava, Ujjain,
• Feel India Festival, an initiative by Incredible India and ITDC
• Megh Utsav, Bhubaneswar
• Gwalior Trade Fair, Gwalior
• Devdasi Festival, Bhubaneswar
• Lucknow Mahotsav
• Odissi International Festival, Bhubaneswar
• Draupadi, a dance ballet by Natya Ballet Centre, New Delhi
• ‘Our Heritage’ CCRT workshop, Guwahati, Assam
• Sanskrit – the Mantra Bhasha, a dance drama by Rays of Wisdom Society and the ICCR
• Khajuraho Festival,khajuraho
To Contact her at mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note :- If you have content to share with us, send us an email at email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org