[box_info]Kukuda Mansha Jhola in Odia Style Adyasha Padhi[/box_info]
Chicken curry cooked in traditional oriya / Odia way – It’s for 2 people
- 750gm chicken
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 dry red chilli
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 pods cardamom
- 2 cloves
- A pinch of mace
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chill paste
- 1 tsp coriander seed paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala Water
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and add the red chilli, bay leaf,cinnamon,cardamom,cloves,
mace,chopped onions & ginger garlic paste.
- Fry for some time until the onion turns light brown.
- Then add red chilli paste,coriander seeds paste,turmeric powder,salt and the chicken.
- Cook on low heat for sometime.
- If the chicken sticks to the pan,add a little water otherwise cook for 5-10 mins and then add water.
- Bring to boil.
- Cook on medium heat for another 10-15 mins,sprinkle garam masala on top and take off the stove.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice or rotis.