Khata Saga- Kaunria Patra Besara #Odiarecipe #OdiaFood #Besara #Food
It is a typical eastern odia dish. Its very easy to cook and the taste is tangy,spicy .
- Kaunria Patra/ Khata patra: 1 bowel
- Boiled potato: 4nos
- Red chilli: 1-2nos
- Pancha Phutana: 1/tsp
- Green chilli: 2 nos (as per your taste)
- Mustard seeds: 2 tsp
- Jeera/Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Chopped Onion: 1 cup
- Garlic: 1 nos
- Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Mustard oil: 2 tsp
- Soak mustard seed and jeera for 30min in warm water. Then make a thick paste of Mustard seed, jeera, green chilli, garlic cloves 4-5 nos and keep aside.
- Wash Kaunria Patra and take a Fry pan. Heat 2 tsp mustard oil, add pancha phutana, red chili.
- Then add chopped onion, 2-3 nos crushed garlic, fry it for 5 min in medium flame.
- Then add boiled potatoes and Kaunria Patra. Fry it for 5-6 mins until its well cooked.
- Add Mustard paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder and fry it slightly then add water and make a thick gravy.
- Serve it with Hot steamed rice.