Spread the love
Kadali Manja Rai-Typical Odia Dish #Odisha #Food #Recipe by Gayatree Kitchen
- Manja: 6 inch piece
- Tomato: 1 (chopped)
- Mustard seeds: 2 tbsp
- Galic pods : 2
- Green chili: 1 or 2
- Chopped garlic- 1 tbsp
- Dry Chili : 2
- Five spices (Phutan) 1tbsp
- Cilantro: 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Oil: 3 – 4 tbsp
- Salt and turmeric to taste
- To the chopped manja pieces add turmeric and salt and keep it aside for half an hour at-least and then squeeze it to take out the juices from it.
- Make a paste of Mustard seeds, garlic and green chili together.
- In a vessel boil the manja (after extracting the juices) with little salt, turmeric and water and let it cook. When it cooked strain the water out.
- Heat a vessel with the oil. When it is hot, add the phutan and dry chili to this and add the chopped tamatoes to the tadka.
- When the tomatoes are half cooked (does not have to be very soft) add the mustard paste to this. Add salt and turmeric to this.
- (You may need very little, since you have added while boiling the vegetables) cook it for 5/10 minutes. Does not have to cook till it leaves oil.
- Add the cooked manja cook it for some time again in simmer (5/6 minutes).
- It is ready to serve with plain rice and dali or Pakhala.