Kaanika – Typical Odia food – Odisha festival time food with recipe Prepared by Adyasha Padhi
Ingredients for Kaanika :-
- Rice – 1 Cup (16 tbs)[80% cooked]
- Sugar – 2 Cup (32 tbs)(adjust sugar as per taste)
- Ghee – 3 Tablespoon
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Cardamon – 2
- Groundnut – 1/2 cup
- Raisins – 10
- Cashew nuts -6 (chopped)
- Kesar – 3-4 strands (soaked in 2 Tbsp milk)
Directions: How to Prepare Kaanika in Odia style
- Add sugar to the cooked rice & mix thoroughly.
- You can add more sugar for more sweetness.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan.
- Add raisins,groundnut and chopped cashews. Mix until cashews turn lightly brown.
- Take the stuff out of the pan & keep on paper tower on a plate.
- Now heat cinnamon & crushed cardamon to the ghee.
- Add rice n cook fr 3-4 minutes.
- Add fried cashew nuts,raisins & groundnut to the rice.
- Add saffron soaked milk to the rice.Mix well. Kaanika is ready.