HIGHLIGHTS OF RAIL BUDGET 2013-2014
1. 67 new express and 26 passenger trains to be launched.
2. Educational tourist train “Azadi Express” proposed.
3. Indian Railway Financial Management Institute to be set up at
4. Target of investment of 1 lakh crore through PPP mode in 12th FYP.
5. For the first time, Arunachal Pradesh brought under Rail Network.
6. Complementary passes for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna and Olympic awardees.
7. Dronacharya awardees to get Shatabdi and Rajdhani passes.
New factories/workshops to be set up:
1. New Forged Wheel Factory at Rae Bareli in collaboration with Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited.
2. A Coach Manufacturing Unit in Sonepat District (Haryana) in collaboration with State Government.
3. A Midlife Rehabilitation Workshop at Kurnool (Andhra Pradesh) in collaboration with the State Government.
4. Bikaner and Pratapgarh workshops to undertake POH of BG wagons.
5. A workshop for repair and rehabilitation of motorized bogies at Misrod (Madhya Pradesh).
6. A new wagon maintenance workshop in Kalahandi (Odisha).