Health Benefits of Pomegranate (ଡାଳିମ୍ବ)
Pomegranate, the reddish pink colored fruit,Along with antioxidants, the fruit also provides the essential vitamins, minerals and fiber required for your body.
Here is a brief list of its health benefits.
- Rich in antioxidants this fruit is said to reduce the risk of breast, lung and prostrate cancer.
- The antibacterial properties of the fruit reduce the incidence of dental plaques, tartar and bleeding gums.
- The pomegranate juice promotes digestion. It fights infections of the intestine and also aids in food metabolism. It is a great help for people suffering from stomach infections, irritable bowel syndrome etc.
- The fruit is useful during Hemorrhoids. The juice stops bleeding and reduces the swollen veins seen during Piles.
- The fruit is good for heart, lowers bad cholesterol and decreases blood pressure.
- It is also helpful during osteoarthritis. The goodness of fruit is believed to reduce joint damage and can prevent cartilage damage responsible for arthritis.
- What kitchen remedies can you try out with a pomegranate? Let us find out.
- If you have a wheezing problem, then you can squeeze the juice of pomegranate, mix it with a bit of ginger juice and honey and have 2 to 3 teaspoons, once every three hours or so.
- If you suffer from indigestion, then here is a quick remedy. Roast cumin seeds, powder and mix it with pomegranate juice. Add a bit of jaggery to this juice and consume one teaspoon, thrice a day to reduce the symptoms of indigestion.
- For anal itching or irritation, try this. Roast the peel of the pomegranate until it is brown. Powder it and mix it with a bit of coconut oil. Now apply this paste over anus.
- For diarrhea related problems, you can try out pomegranate concoction. Boil few peels, around 20 grams of pomegranate peel, in one fourth liter of water. Drink 30ml of this concoction three times a day.
- Drinking the juice of pomegranate also increases appetite and reduces stomach related disorders.
Always check with your doctor for the recommended dosage, when consuming pomegranate juice. The juice can interfere with certain medications that you are consuming.