Gulap Jamun – A typical Odia Sweet
2.Refined flour(maida)-1 tablespoon
3.Soda bicarbonate-1/4 teaspoon
4.Green cardamom powder-1/2 teaspoon
5.Ghee/refined Oil-4 teaspoons(for deep fry)
6.Sugar 1 cup
7. cherry for garnishing
• Take milk powder, refined flour, soda bicarbonate, green cardamom powder and four teaspoons of ghee in a bowl and mix.
• Heat sugar and one cup of water in a pan and cook to make a syrup.
• Transfer the syrup into a serving dish.
• Heat sufficient ghee/refined oil on frying pan.
• Add sufficient water to the milk powder mixture and knead into a soft dough.
• Divide the dough into small balls.
• Deep fry these in the heated ghee/refined oil on low heat.
• When the gulab jamuns are golden brown, drain them and add to the hot syrup.
• For garnishing, make a small hole in all Golap jamun ball and put cherry.
• Serve hot or at room temperature.