Goudhus Waterfall :
Unmetalled windy roads meandering through teak woods lead to the magnificent Goudhus waterfall. Amid the dense forest of Sunabeda lies the picturesque waterfall, whose growling waters pacifying into mainstream can soothe your soul. The medium size of the waterfall makes it safe to enjoy hours of bathing. Along with the bathing experience, you can relish the calmness prevailing all around. The tranquility in the surrounding can heal your restlessness and bring you at peace. It can provide you respite from the hustle and bustle of your daily life. Trekking up for a few minutes, you can enjoy the aerial view of mountains guarding the greenery of Sunabeda forest splayed all around. The panorama of rolling mountains crowned with a setting sun and carpeted with dense forest is a breathtaking scenery for the photographers and a perfect catch for the nature lovers. It turns into a paradise during the rainy season with windy clouds hovering over high mountains and rainfall adding to the density of the waterfall.
Location of Godhash Waterfall :
Odisha, the land of temples and scenic beauties, has a large area that is yet to be explored and such a place is the magnificent “Godhash waterfall”. It is located in the Katingpani village of Nuapada district, 30 kilometers away from the district headquarter and is in close proximity with the famous Sunabeda Tiger Reserve.
How to Reach :
- ✈️ Nearby Airport – Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur, Chhattisgarh (130 kms around from airport) -> Take a bus from Raipur or via train you can reach khariar Road or Nuapada and then avail a private vehicle to the waterfall.
- 🚂Nearby Railway Station- Khariar Road(KHAR) and Nawapara Road (NPD) ->Avail a private vehicle to the waterfall ( 28 kms from Nuapada and 32 kms from Khariar Road) .
Nearest Places to visit : –
- This place is adjacent to the hamlets inhabited by tribes like Gonds, Bhunjia and Paharia. Their culture and tradition can give you an insight of our primitive civilization.
- Along with the Godhash waterfall, there are two more water-falls in the vicinity of the Sunabeda Tiger Reserve which are wonders to be-hold.
- The “SUNABEDA TIGER RESERVE” is the best place for globetrotters to enjoy a tiger safari. Midst the dense forest there lies “MARAGUDA VALLEY” which is a hub for bird lovers as it inhabits many migratory and endemic bird species.
- A visit to the enthralling “JOGESWAR(shiv) TEMPLE can gratify your theist heart. This place will surely return you the value of every penny you spent for it.
Article Sent by Alka Dash who is very good at food and basically a foodies – Her insta id is – twirl_and_taste
If anyone wants to Share your experience in Odisha or to publish any article then check here the procedure