Elephant Apple Chutney Recipe // ଓଉ ଖଟା ପ୍ରସ୍ତୁତ ପ୍ରଣାଳୀ , Recipe made by Gayatree .Sweet and tangy Chutney made with Jaggery and mustard Powder….. Its rich vitamin C. Oau khata is typical odisha dish.
The Elephant Apple fruit pulp is sour and used in Indian cuisine in curries, jam (ouu khatta), and jellies.Because it is a main source of food for elephants, monkeys and deer, collection of fruit from the core areas of the forest are prohibited. Commercial sale of the fruit is also prohibited in an effort to help the food-chain system of the forest from dismantling totally.
Ingredients for Elephant Apple recipe —
- Elephant Apple
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Red chilli
- Funnel seeds
- Granted Coconut
Procedure Elephant Apple recipe:-
- Masala– Take a grinder ,add 1tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds and make a thick paste .
- Peel the upper skin of elephant Apple, cut into. Long and thin slices. (Be careful bcz its bit slimy )
- Pressure cook it up to 1whistle in medium Flame.
- Now turn off flame and drain out the water.
- Take a bowl, and smash the boil elephant Apple slices slightly using spoon.
- Heat pan, add 1tsp oil. Add Red chilly, funnel seeds and Panchphura. Allow it to splutter.
- Add masala paste , 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- Cook it medium Flame for 2-3 min.
- Now add boiled elephant Apple, add 1 salt and jaggery(as per your taste)\
- Add grated coconut and cook it for next 15min in low flame.(you can add water to adjust the constancy of Chutney)
- Now the Oou khata/Elephant Apple Chutney is ready.
- You can serve it with rice and roti too.