Daringibadi: The Kashmir of Odisha – Best Honeymoon Place of Odisha #Odisha
Hill Station Daringibadi
The beautiful hill station Daring Badi is situated in the highland area of Kandhamal Dist. of Odisha. It is situated at an average height of 3000ft or 915m above sea level. It is the only place in Odisha, where one can experience snow fall during winter. The temperature level of Daringbadi has often recorded below the Frozen level and sometimes in minus. Because of its natural beauty and snowfall, it is popularly known as Kashmir Of Odisha. As Kashmir is divine for India, similarly DaringBadi is for Odisha.
Daringbadi is set in a beautiful spot surrounded by thick rain forests with wild animals, and is an ideal summer resort.
The place is surrounded with thick exclusive forest of pine trees and wild animals. The snowfall upon these trees in winter is the scene to watch. The view of this scene from the Watch Tower is unforgettable. One can also found Loamy Plantations of Coffee, Tea, Turmeric and Mustard in and around Daring Badi.
The way to Daring Badi from baliguda is full of Dense Forests dotted with Small hamlets of Tribes. The Kandhas with beautiful tattoos as their ornaments and their simplicity increases the beauty of this place. One can found many Christian churches out here also. The small Huts of the Knodhas surrounded with Mahula trees, Mustard plants and turmeric plants make the view not less than a picture scene.
The Lover’s Water Fall is another attraction to watch here. One can get Mahua, a delicious drink prepared from the flowers of Mahula tree. But beware, too much intake of Mahua may lead to Unconsciousness. It is an excellent place to stay here in Summer.
- The hill station is 100 KM away from Phulbani, 127 KM away from Berhampur and 211 Km away from Bhubaneswar.
- Bus facilities are available from almost all the places of Odisha to DaringaBadi.
- Daringbadi can be reached from Bhubaneswar (251 km) and other important places of the state by regular bus services.
- The nearest railway station is at Berhampur (127 km).
- There are three routes by which you can reach Daringbadi from Berhampur by road.
- 1st is via Sorada which is near about 127 KM,
- 2nd via Bhanjanagar-G.Udayagiri which is around 180 km(NH-217)
- 3rd is via Mohana-Bramhanigan which is around 200 KM.
- The place is gifted with natural beauties such as pine jungles, coffee, black pepper, turmeric gardens, beautiful valleys and plateaus. It is the only place in Odisha where freezing of dew occurs during winters. As the temperature goes down below 0 degree early morning, the dew collected on the grass, leaves and ground turns to ice.
- The journey from the plains to the hills of Daringbadi is an experience in itself. This pretty hill station is 100 km from Phulbani, 50 km from Balliguda and 70 km. from G.Udayagiri.
- People come across from various place of world to explore the wild life.it is a block and tahasil in kandhamal district.With a latitude of 54 – 90 North and longitude of 84.05 to 84.20 East.
Daringbadi is at the height of 3000 ft from the sea level. Nearest airport is Bhubanewar . Also the drive from Bhubaneshwar to Daringbadi can be mind blowing especially the last 22 kms i.e. the Eastern Ghat Roads which is covered with deep Sal Forest on both sides of the road and taking sharp turns almost looks like a narrow decorated strip of ribbon
Driving directions from Berhampur to Daringbadi, Odisha 762104, India
- The distance between Berhampur and Daringibadi: 187 km / 115.93 mi –
- Head east toward City Hospital Road
- Take the 1st left onto NH 217
Pass by Oriental Bank Of Commerce (on the right in 900 m)
- Turn right to stay on NH 217
Pass by State Bank of India (on the right in 4.9 km)
- Continue onto SH 7
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto SH 30
- Slight left onto SH 33
Pass by Regional Leprosy Research Institute (on the left in 2.7 km)
- Turn left toward Bhanjanagar-Bellaguntha Rd/SH 21
- Continue straight onto Bhanjanagar-Bellaguntha Rd/SH 21
Pass by Snehalata Clinic (on the left in 7.5 km)
- Turn left onto SH 21
- Take the 1st right onto NH 217/SH 7
Continue to follow NH 217Pass by District Forest Officer’s Residency (on the right)
- Turn left
- Slight left
- Turn right
Destination will be on the right
– See more at: http://eodisha.org/distance-between-city-of-orissa
Article provided by Krushna Padhy