Dakhinakali Temple of Nayagarh || The Shakti pitha of Nayagarh
Dakshina Kaali Temple is one of the most famous temple in Nayagarh District. People of Nayagarh enjoy their life with the grace of maa Dakshinakali.The temple premises encompass Maa Dakshinakaali temple, Ganesh temple, Siva temple and maa Lakshmi temple.When ever someone buys a new vehicle, they always go to the temple to worship the goddess to safeguard them.
Location: It is located at Old Town of Nayagarh. Approximately half KM from Nayagarh town.
Festivals: The main festival is Pana Samkranti. It is celebrated asvthe beginning of rainy season. A special drink called Pana is prepared and served to friends and relatives. There will be huge gathering at the temple and there will be a mela where all residents of Nayagarh and near by villages.
Specialty: You will find lot of varieties of Prasad (Prasadam) in the temple. The most famous are Kakara Pitha (Although it is made without Salt, it is very tasty.) Second is Sarapuly, made of milk (Only available in evening time and that to it is in high demand, so you may have to wait in the queue.).
How to Reach :-
- By Bus :- It’s 90 km far from bhubaneswar , Odisha & it’s 1 km far from Nayagarh Bus Stand in Old Town of Nayagarh.
- By Train :- Nearest Railway station is Khurdha & Bhubaneswar .
- By AIR :- Nearest AIR port is Biju Patnaik International AIR POrt , Bhubaneswar . It’s 90 km far from here.
Nearest Visiting place from Dakhina kali Nayagarh :-
- Gopinath Temple , Nayagarh
- Jagannath Temple , Nayagarh
- Dakhinakali Temple of Nayagarh
- Dasia Ajja Library , Udaypur
Note :- If anyone want to add more on this or on any other places of Odisha , then mail us “email@example.com” we will add by your name.