Dahibara Aloodum – The Yummy foodie landmark of Cuttack – Odisha Typical Food
For Dahi bara:
• 200gram Bengal Gram, soaked in water for about 3 to 4 hours(ବୁଟ ଡାଲି)
• 2-3 finely chopped green chili(କଞ୍ଚା ଲଙ୍କା)
• 2-3 curry leaves finely chopped(ଭୁର୍ସୁଙ୍ଗା ପତ୍ର)
• Salt as per taste(ଲୁଣ)
• Oil for deep fry (ତେଲ)
For Alu Dum:
• Onion paste-1tsp
• Garlic paste-1/2 tsp
• Ginger paste- ½ tsp
• Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
• cumin powder- ½ tsp
• coriander powder- ½ tsp
• Red chili powder- 1/tsp(as per your taste)
• Garam masala powder-1/2tsp
• Hingu: 1pinch
• coriander leaves (chopped)- 1tsp(optional)
• Salt as per your taste
Procedure:How to Prepare Dahibara Aloodum in Odia Style
1. Cut boiled potatos into cube size.
2. Heat 2tsp oil on fry pan and bay leaves.
3. Add chopped onion,fry till golden brown in color.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste,chopped tomato,red chili powder,cumin powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder & salt stir it for 2 min.
5. Add potato cubes into it & mix well.add 1 cup of water & cover it with a lid.let the gravy boil till the potato done or cooked properly.
6. Open the lid,cook it till all the water evaporate,sprinkle some garam masala & mix well.
1. Drain out the water completely from the soaked dal and pulse a couple of more times.
2. The dal should only be coarsely ground and it should NOT become a paste.
3. Mix all the ingredients together, except the oil.
4. At this point you can adjust the taste according to your preference.
5. Heat oil in deep fry pan.
6. Meanwhile, take small dumplings out of the dal mixture and flatten them in between your palms.
7. Drop the vada into the hot oil and deep fry it in medium until it done.
8. Once done, remove from oil and drain into paper towels and soak immediately in cold water for 3/4 mins.
9. Mix 1cup of cold water with curd and mix it well.
10. Add some chopped mint leaves and salt to curd.
11.Take out the baras from the water and carefully squeeze out the water between the palms of the hands without breaking them.
12.Put soaked baras in curd and let it soak for another 2hrs.
13.Now take ou bara after 2hr and serve it with alu dum and garnished it with chopped onion and coriander leaves and Seo.
Best Dahibara Aloodum Stalls in Cuttack :-
- Raghu Dahibara Aloodum – Bidanasi, Deulasahi.
- Rama Dahibara – In front of SB women’s college ,near Chandi Mandir .
- Eshwar Dahibara Aloodum – Biju Patnaik Chowk.
- Bhoggie Dahibara – Near New Stewart school , mission road.
Best Dahibara Aloodum Stalls in Bhubaneswar :-
- Damana Chhaka , Chandra sekharpur , bhubaneswar
- Chandrasekhar pur petrol pump
Note :- If anyone know any place in Bhubaneswar or in Cuttack please mail us “firstname.lastname@example.org”