Spread the love
- 1 cup whole urad dal
- ½ cup rajma
- ½ cup channa dal
- salt to taste
- 1-2 tblsp ghee/ Oil
- Whole garam masala (cardamom pods, cinnamon, bay leaves & cloves.)
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tblsp
- 100g tomato paste or puree
- 100g butter
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Coriander powder- 1tblsp
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Soak the daal for 6-7 hours. Boil the daal till the daal is well cooked.
- To prepare this add 1tblsp oil in to your pan just to sauté your cumin seeds & whole garam masalas….as we have to add butter & cream to make the daal rich so add a little oil.
- When the oil is hot add cumin seeds, when it splutters add whole garam masalas. Add cardamom pods, cinnamon, bay leaves & cloves. When they slightely splutters add ginger garlic paste, add turmeric & sauté for 1-2 min.
- Add Tomato puree to it. After adding puree make sure to cook in low flame around 5 min till the tomato puree is very well cooked. Add chilly powder to it. Add 1tblsp coriander powder, add salt . sauté .
- Add butter into the gravy, Now add the dal water ( remove the water from daal) to the gravy & cook it for few more minutes. Bring it to a boil & then add daal to this mixture.
- Then mix it properly.lastly very important thing is kasturi methi. It give s a nice flavour. Add 1tsp of kasturi methi powder. Mix it.
- Put the flame very slow. After the daal comes to a boil cover the daal. Cook it for 30 min. Every few min just make sure to mix the daal unless it will stick in the bottom. Add ½ cup cream into it & mix it. Cover it for another 5 min. & now switch off the flame. You can add chopped coriander leaves to it for garnishing.
- This recipe goes extremely well with roti/ pula/ jeera rice.