Current Affairs 30th August #GK #CA
TOP TEN NEWS OF THE DAY
1) India and Japan sign an MoU to develop Varanasi into a smart city; On the first day of Japan visit Prime Minister Modi and his counterpart express strong desire for accelerating economic partnership.
2) Left parties rule out joining hands with Trinamool Congress to counter BJP in West Bengal.
3) Finance Minister says country’s economy is turning around; Inflation moderating and Investors confidence improving because of recent decisions of the government.
4) Aam Aadmi Party leader Kumar Vishwas claims that a BJP leader offered him Delhi Chief Minister’s post; BJP rubbishes the claim.
5) Arun Jaitley terms repeated ceasefire violations by Pakistan extremely serious and provocative.
6) Political crisis in Pakistan deepens as Tahir-ul-Qadri issues 24 hour deadline to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to resign.
7) BJP says it will react to government formation in Delhi only after Lieutenant Governor takes a final call.
8) US calls for global coalition to counter growing menace of jihadist miltants from Islamic State group.
9) Ace Indian shuttler PV Sindhu to lock horns with Carolina Marin of Spain in the semi-finals of World Badminton Championships.
10) One Army Jawan killed in an encounter with militants in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir.