Current Affairs 29th July #GK #CA
Top Ten #News of the Day:
1. In Commonwealth Games: Sushil Kumar wins Gold in 74kg weight category; Amit Kumar wins Gold in 57 kg weight category; Wrestler Vinesh wins Gold in women’s 48 kg weight category; Harpreet Singh wins silver in men’s 25m rapid fire pistol; Sanjeev Rajput and Gagan Narang win silver and bronze respectively in men’s 50m rifle 3 positions event; Shooter Manavjit Singh Sandhu wins bronze in men’s trap; Lajja Gauswami wins bronze in Women’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi pitches for greater use of research for boosting agriculture sector; says farmers to feed India and the world and earn good livelihood.
3. 23 passengers killed in incidents of road accidents in Shimla.
4. Eid passes off peacefully in trouble-hit Saharanpur, no untoward incident reported during curfew relaxation.
5. US Secretary of State John Kerry says, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’concept is a great vision.
6.India decides to deploy additional staff at its Mission in Tripoli to facilitate return of Indian nationals from strife torn Libya.
7.Afghan President Hamid Karzi’s cousin killed in a suicide attack in Kandahar.
8.Palestinian leadership says Hamas and Islamic Jihad ready for 24 hour truce in Gaza, Israel spurns the offer and intensifies bombardment.
9. Heavy rains in South Gujarat inundate several areas and affect rail and road traffic.
10. India were 315 for 8 on day three of the 3rd Cricket test against England at Southampton when reports last came in.