Current Affairs 29th August #GK #CA
TOP TEN NEWS OF THE DAY
1) Manufacturing sector leads economy to grow 5.7% in the first quarter of the current fiscal; Growth highest in over two years.
2) Prime Minister, Narendra Modi leaves for Japan tomorrow on a five-day visit; Says there is no review of nuclear doctrine. Japanese PM says Modi’s first visit as PM will add new chapter to their strategic partnership.
3) Mudgal Committee probing betting and spot fixing in IPL Championship submits interim report; Apex court to hear the case on Monday.
4) CBI files charge sheet against former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran and seven others in the Aircel-Maxis case.
5) Defence Ministry scraps 6000 crore rupees tender for purchase of helicopters from AgustaWestland due to corruption charges.
6) Supreme Court asks Centre to convene a meeting of Home Secretaries of all States within six weeks to solve the issue of under trial prisoners.
7) Pakistan Prime Minister and Army contradict each other on the issue of talking to protesters.
8) World Badminton Championship: P.V.Sindhu enters the semifinals of the Women’s Singles; Saina Nehwal crashes out.
9) In Madhya Pradesh: Arrest warrants issued against terminated IAS couple involved in 42 crore rupees disproportionate assets case.
10) Supreme Court stays functioning of the Committee set up by Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court to look into sexual harassment complaint by a lower court judge.