Current Affairs 28th August #GK #CA
TOP TEN NEWS OF THE DAY
1) Prime Minister launches Pradhanmantri Jan Dhan Yojana to bring poor people into economic mainstream; Says the scheme will be a tool to fight against corruption; 1.5 crore accounts opened on day one.
2) Manipur Governor V K Duggal resigns
3) Supreme Court refuses to restrain CBI from filing charge sheet against former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran in Aircel-Maxis deal scam.
4) Prime Minister constitutes committee to review obsolete laws.
5) Government allows swapping of Save Our Soul village land with Airport Authority of India’s land; Gives nod to Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to amend Model Concession Agreement.
6) Haryana Janhit Congress breaks alliance with Bhartiya Janta Party.
7) Pakistan government agrees to register a murder case against Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and 21 others.
8) World badminton Championship: Saina Nehwal enters the quarter finals of women’s singles event.
9) Government notifies Securities Laws Amendment Act to give more powers to SEBI in crackdown against defaulters and ponzi operators.
10) Turkey’s ruling party leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan to take over as new President today.