Generally, in Western Odisha Purga is very famous of different vegetables. It’s very healthy and tasty as no spices are used except Turmeric powder. So let’s see how to prepare it…
INGREDIENTS FOR PREPARATION:
- Vegetables Cut into small pieces
- Mushroom (Chatti) – 1pkt
- Ridge Gourd (Janhi) – 2pcs
- Tomato (Tamatar) – 2pcs
- Onion – 2pcs
- Garlic – 7-8 cloves
- Green Chilly – 3-4 pcs
- Dry Chilly -2 pcs
- Mustered Oil
- Turmeric Powder
- Salt (as per taste)
- Mustered Paste using 2-3 tbs of Mustered
- Curd – 1 tbl spoon
- Coriander leaves for Garnishing
Cooking Time: 20-25 min , it’s Best for: 4 persons
HOW TO MAKE THE “CHATTI-JANHI PURGA”
- Put a deep pan on gas stove and add 3-4 tbl spoon of mustered oil. Add 1 tbs spoon of mustered till it crackle.
- Then add the chopped garlic, green chilly and dry chilly to the pan. Saute it, till little fry.
- Then add the chopped onion to the pan fry just little.
- Important point in preparation this dish is by adding items one by one without much frying.
- Add the chopped tomato to the pan.
- After that add the Mushrooms and Ridge Gourd. Fry for 1-2 min. On that add the turmeric powder and salt. Mix all the item properly.
- Then add the Mustered paste to the cooked item.
- Cook on high flame with covering the lid for 4-5 min.
- During cooking the vegetables will release water so do not mix additional water.
- Open the lid and add 1tbs curd. Stir time to time till water become semi dry. Cook the same in low flame.
- Once it is semi dry and the vegetables are cooked turnoff the gas stove.
- Now the dish is ready to serve. Add coriander leaves for garnishing.
From Foodies Blog : Kakharu Patra Bamphi Macha – A Typical Odia Non-Veg Food with recipe
This dish is very popular as purga in western Odisha. Basically, as no Masala powder is used so it is very healthy. It can be served with Rice and Roti both.
This article sent by Sangita’s Kitchen who is very good chef and best to western odisha dishes.