Odisha Festival – Celebration of #Ashokastami in Odisha #RukunarRathaJatra
Ashoka Ashtami is an important hindu festival in eastern parts of India. Prime deity of this festival is Godess Shakthi. This festival is celebrated during Chaitra navratri.
Ashoka Ashtami Dates :-Ashoka Ashtami is observed on the Shukla paksha Ashtami in the hindu lunar month of Chaitra.
Ashoka Ashtami is celebrated in a grand manner at Lingaraj Temple in Bhubaneswar in Orissa. Religious fair and rath yatra are the main rituals of this day.
Ashok astami is one of the major festivals celebrated in odisha during the Chaitra Month. This festival is celebrated with utmost gaiety in Bhubaneswar Lingaraj Temple.
Story Behind Ashoka Ashtami :-
The Legend or the origin of the festival is associated with the Ramayana. When the war broke between Lord Rama and Ravana, Lord Rama came to know that Goddess Kali was on Ravana side and was acting like a protective armour to him. Lord Rama prayed Goddess Kali and demolished Ravana. He then brought back his spouse Sita. As part of Celebration, he then took out Lord Shiva and Goddess Kali to a procession. Ashokastami is also known as Chaitra Durgashtami as it falls on chaitra navratri or vasant navratri.
Also Read : –
- INDRAMANI SAHU,THE RECORD-MAN OF ODISHA – Cuttack
- Padmapur (ପଦ୍ମପୁର) : The Sivakasi of Odisha , Cuttack District
- Kenduli Village :The Birth Place of Bhakta Kabi Jayadeva #Odisha #Kenduli #Bhubaneswar
- NanaBaya Geeta – The Poetry of Odia Kids #odisha #Sahitya #Odia
- Bali Islands : The Odisha Outside INDIA #Odisha #BaliJaatra #Bali #BoitaBandana #India
- Prathamastami – The festival of Sathi Debi (Sathi budhi Maa) & eldest Kid (Podhuan) #Odisha #Prathamastami #EnduriPitha