Spread the love
Besan Curry Odia Recipes #OdiaFood : Gayatree Kitchen
- Besan- 2cups
- ½ tsp soda
- 1tsp Posta (Khus Khus)
- 2 Onion chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste 3 table spoon
- Haldi 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder 3 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Mustard oil to make curry
- Refined oil for frying the besans & Potatoes
- Cinnamon & Cardamom Powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin & Coriander powder 1 teaspoon each.
- 2 Tomato chopped
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- Heat two cups of water in kadai.
- Add salt & soda and let the water boil. Prepare dough by adding Besan to the boiling water. Stir it continuously till you get a thick dough & add 1tsp posto at the end. Keep the dough in room temperature and knead it by adding one spoon oil to make it more soft, also the oil helps not to stick the besans in hands.
- Place the dough in a large thali.Flatten the dough (half inch thick) and cut it in square pieces (one square inch each).
- Heat refined oil in a kadai. Fry the besan pieces till color changes to golden brown and keep it aside.
- Take a kadai, and put mustard oil in it. As soon as it starts heating up, put 1/2tsp of sugar in it so as to give a nice color. Add 1 pinch of ilaichi powder in oil.
- Add chopped onion & fry it. when it will turn to golden brown texture, add the ginger garlic paste. Add tomato and fry for few minutes.
- Add Cumin & coriander powder.stir continuously.
- Add chilli powder, haldi. Keep on frying the masala for some more time until a reddish brown color is obtained.
- Now add the besans (& water as per the need) & keep stiring about another 5 min. don’t overcook the besans as it may break.
- Add the Cardamom & cinnamon powder & mix it well & turn off gas. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Served with Rice or Roti.