Spread the love
- 500 small eggplants (chote baingan)
- 1 Large Onion 1 inch ginger
- 3-4 cloves of garlic ( can use 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste instead of ginger/garlic)
- 2 green chillies (more or less according to taste)
- 2 tbsp besan (gram flour)
- 1 tsp amchoor powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- 1 tsp anardana powder Cilantro sprigs for garnishing ( hara dhaniya)
- 2 tbsp oils
- 1 tsp jeera
- salt to taste.
- 1 tbsp of besan
- 1 1/4 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder a pinch of cinnamon powder –
- optional a pinch of clove powder.
- optional 1 tsp yogurt or 1/2 tsp lemon juice.
- Wash and split the eggplants into four parts, while keeping them together at the stalk.
- Put them aside. Put all other ingredients except jeera and oil, in a mixer/blender and make a smooth paste.
- Fill the split baingan with half of the paste.
- Add the marrinating ingredients in huge bowl.
- Add water n make thick padte.Heat oil in a pan, put jeera let it spatter.
- Marinate the baingan in the paste deep fry in the oil.
- Once all baingan are cooked,
- put the remaining grounded paste and marrinating cook for another 10mins on a low flame to prevent from burning,till the besan gets cooked.
- Once cooked garnish with cilantro n green chillies and serve hot with roti or paratha.
PS- Besan removes the typical odour of onions and add a nice flavour.