Spread the love
[button link=”The URL of the button” variation=”grey”]5 person died due to consumption of organophosphate poison #odishanews[/button]

The death of five members of a family in Ganjam district last month was due to consumption of organophosphate poison, the viscera test report of the deceased which reached MKCG Medical College and Hospital here, revealed.
 odishanews
The viscera test was conducted at the State Forensic Science Laboratory, Bhubaneswar following the death of five members of a family in mysterious circumstances.
The report suggested the deaths were due to consumption of organophosphate poisoning, said head of department of Forensic and Toxicology Department in medical college S N Mohanty.
Bhubani Padhy (65), his three sons – Pramod (29), Prasanna (27), Pankaj (25) and daughter Banita (23) died within two days on December 2 and 3 while undergoing treatment at MKCG Medical College and Hospital. Elder son of Bhubani survived after getting treatment for about a fortnight at a private hospital in Bhubaneswar.
They were taken to hospital after they complained of severe stomach pain after eating ‘chakuli pitha’ (an Odisha dish made of paste of black gram and rice). While the mother did not take the pitha, Prasant, the elder son of Bhubani had taken it the next day morning.
SP (Berhampur) Anirudha Kumar Singh said police would proceed with investigation in consultation with doctors of toxicology basing on the viscera report.

By