Prathama Ashtami Date – Shasthi Devi Puja – Enduri Pitha / Haladi Patra Pitha Recipe – 2016 #Odisha
Prathama Ashtami ~ Celebrate on the 8th day of Margashirsh month ( मार्गशीर्ष ) . Social significance of this festival is the first-born child he or/she are brighter .
Ultimately they – who take the responsibility of family after parents. The mother wishes him /her long life good health by praying Shasthi Devi.
Enduri pitha/Haladi patra pitha a special variety of cake /pitha prepared on this occasion.The cake /pitha is offered to Goddess Shasthi and then taken by all.
Prathama Ashtami Date – Shasthi Devi Puja :-
Prathama Ashtami / Shasthi Devi Puja falls on 21st Nov 2016
Enduri pitha/Haladi patra pitha Recipe by Sunanda Janah
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup skinless black gram( udad dal)
- 1 cup greated coconut
- 100 gm to 150 gm cottage cheese
- (Preferable Dahi chhena)
- 150 gm jaggery
- 3 to 4 cardamoms , 5 to 6 peppers
- Turmeric leaves ( Haladi ptara )
- Salt to taste.
- Soak rice and dal 4 to 5 hours.
- Make a paste into a thick batter ( like idli ). Add salt and
- Leave the batter for fermenting 2 to 3 hours.
- Keep a pan on medium flame , add coconut, jaggery,
- crushed cardamoms and peppers.
- Fry till get dry.
- Keep the steamer ready on flame .
- Instead of steamer one wide pot can be used with half filled water.
- Tie a clean muslin cloth on it’s mouth tightly.
- Put a little batter on the washed leaf and put required quantity of stuffing and fold it length wise .
- Place one by one on the preheated pot and cover it with concave lid or idli lid. Steam for 15 to 20 mn.
- The aroma of turmeric leaf is the speciality of Prathamashhtami Enduri Pitha.