Chhena Manda Pitha – The Typical Odia Pitha Recipe blog by Sunanda Janah #Odisha #Food #Recipe
Chhena Manda Pitha (fried manda pitha -fried Modak ) :-
~ For dough
- 2cups suji
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/liter Refined oil
- 5 cups of water.
~ For stuffing
- Grated coconut – cup
- Mava , dry fruits ( additional)
- 1 cup sugar/or jaggery
- 1tsp black paper powder
- 2 tsp cardamom powder.
Also Read Suji Manda ; Typical Odia Pitha
~ Method –
- Heat 5 cups of water
- Add 1/2cup of sugar in a pan & Stir well.
- Add suji into and continuously stir on the low flam and cook for 2 to 3mn the mixture to boil and cook well.
- Now transfer the mixture from pan to a flat plate.and allow to cool then make a smooth dough by adding one to of refined oil.
- Roast paper ,cardamom and powder them.
- Take a pan put all stuffing ingredients together ,
- lower the flame stir for few minutes till the sugar or jaggery get melt and mixed well then cook for few more minutes to make it little dry .
- Allow it to cool. Make small balls of the dough.
- Flatten each ball and put the stuffing on it and again form a ball so that the stuffing remain at the center.
- Heat the oil in the pan and fry the balls till it becomes golden brown.
- CHHANA MANDA PITHA ( FRIED MODAK ) is ready.