Mati Handi Mutton Curry|| Odia Special dish, #Non-veg dish, #Odisha #Recipe #Mutton #Curry
It’s a very popular non-veg dish in Odisha. You can find this in road side dhabba, hotel on Bhubaneswar to Cuttack road. It’s very simple and spicy but a finger licking dish.
- Onion : 3 big size
- Ginger garlic paste: 2-3 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 2tsp
- Red chili powder: 1tsp(as per your taste)
- Corriender Powder: 1tsp
- Cumin powder: 1tsp
- Garam masala: 1tsp
- Mutton masala: 1tsp
- Tomato chopped: 1/2cup
- Yogurt: 2tsp
- Mustard oil:4tsp
- Salt as per your taste
- Bay leave : 2nos
- First wash mutton and rinse water properly.
- Mix all ingredients accept bay leave. Leave it for marinate 4-5hr(best to keep whole night)
- Now a heat a clay pot(handi) and heat 1tsp tsp oil , add bay leave.
- Now add marinated Mutton and close the lid or close it by silver paper.
- Cook it on law flame for 40-45min.
- Remove from fire and allow steam to escape. The mutton should be well cooked.
- In case it is still not done, cook for another 5 minutes with the lid closed.
- Now serve it with boiled rice or Roti.