Ouu Khatta ଓଉ ଖଟା – The Typical Authentic Odia food of Odisha
Ouu Khatta ଓଉ ଖଟା – The Typical Authentic Odia food of Odisha prepared by Adyasha Padhi
- Ouu(Elephant Apple)– 1 no
- Bay leaf– 1 no
- Cumin n Mustard seeds– 1 tsp
- Dried red chilli- 2 nos
- Jaggery– 1 cup(grounded)
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder– 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder– 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder– 1/2 tsp
- Mustard oil– 1 tbsp
- Salt–As required
Method: How to prepare Authentic Odia food – Ouu Khatta :-
- Cut ouu into finger like size.
- Now take a kadhai,and put 1 cup of water in it.
- Add aau pieces and boil until its done.
- Add turmeric powder in it.
- When the ouu is done then keep it aside.
- Keep the cooked water also.
- Take the same kadhai,put oil,add bay leaf,cumin & mustard seeds and dried red chillies.
- Let it crackle then add cooked ouu, grounded jaggery and all powders like cumin,coriander and chilli.
- Finally add salt.
- Cook it for 15 mins.
- Then close the flame.
- Your Ouu Khatta is ready.